History of the Pennant Shop
It all started when…
John Joseph Matranga started the Pennant Shop in 1932. It all started when John Matranga had a dream of owning his own business. He had been doing embroidery on custom banners and chenille lettering for years before he decided to open his own business. 87 years later, we are still performing these services today on many of the same machines he used. Over the years, the Pennant Shop has expanded into selling U.S. flags, state flags, country flags, along with custom line of applique and embroidery banners and flags, as well as custom digitally imprinted banners and flags. Still run and owned by same family.
During World War II, The Pennant Shop proudly produced many flags used by the military, including code flags used to signal U.S. Navy Vessels. One of our specialties is the production of Mardi Gras banners and flags, including most of the king and queen flags used by the Mardi Gras Krewes in New Orleans and surrounding cities.